Unmatched Flavor and Quality
Manzanita Manor Organics raw walnuts taste pure, creamy and flavorful. They have concentrated nut flavor, not watered down, pasty, or bitter. The color of the nutmeat is light amber, achieved without artificial bleach baths. We have two heirloom varieties of walnut trees, Hartley and Franquette, which produce these delicious organic nuts. These varieties are also well suited for our Paso Robles climate and dry farming operation.
The Healthy Superfood
Walnuts are one of the oldest foods humans have consumed. Recent extensive studies have proclaimed shelled walnuts to be one of the top ten “superfoods” with the highest concentration of antioxidants compared to all other nuts, and beating out cranberries and blueberries. Here are some of the specifics:
- 1 ounce of raw walnuts has 2.5g of alpha-linolenic acid, the plant-based omega-3.
- Walnuts contain a concentration of 13 vitamins including B1, B2, B3, B6, thiamine and folic acid.
- Walnuts are cholesterol free and contain less than 2 grams of saturated fat in each 1 ounce serving.
Some of the medical benefits attributed to the components of fresh, raw walnuts:
- Strengthened immune system and more stable nervous system
- Improved concentration and retention, reducing risk of Alzheimer’s
- As part of a low cholesterol diet, walnuts can reduce the risk of heart disease.
Consume just an ounce or two of raw walnuts per day and improve your health!
* Manzanita Manor Organics does not imply that health benefits will be the same for everyone and is only making the comments herein based upon articles written by food experts who have drawn conclusions from the recent scientific studies performed on walnuts.
How to Enjoy Our Walnuts
Store your raw, organic walnuts in a cool, dry place. Walnuts may also be kept in sealed containers in the freezer to extend the shelf life and preserve the taste.
Here are a few of the ways to enjoy walnuts, in addition to just snacking anytime:
- Yogurt mix-in
- Salad topping
- Part of a gourmet cheese platters
- In sauces (perfect in pesto!)
- In breads, crusts and stuffing
- Topping for oatmeal or cereal
- Mixed with grains or rice
- Topping for sautéed vegetables
- On grilled gish or chicken
- In cookies and pies
- On ice cream
“Dear Cynthia and Jutta, I searched so long for trustworthy, fresh, organic, straight-from-the-farm walnuts. So many seemed to be, but were not. Finally, I found you! I love your story, your persistence, your principles. Best of every harvest to you!” One of our online customers from Williamstown, MA – thank you!